Antivirus and malware removal tools are essential in keeping the computer safe from cyber threats. They perform a full malware scan on the computer to detect and remove malware. If you are you looking for antivirus and malware removal tools, chances are you want to keep harmful software out of your device or your PC got a malware infection.
Before you download antivirus and malware removal tools, we’ll discuss the important features that you should look for in an antivirus and malware removal tool. This helps you choose a good antivirus and malware removal tool for your PC.
In choosing an antivirus and malware removal tool, it is important to look for the following features for complete malware protection:
Ransomware is malware that encrypts files and locks computers. It replaces the symmetric keys originally generated by the application to encrypt files, then it demands a ransom later. The ransom must be paid in bitcoins.
A ransomware attack is difficult to deal with. You will need a decryption tool to unlock your files or computer. There are decryption tools available for download online. However, some ransomware remain undecryptable.
It is important to prevent ransomware attacks on your computer to avoid data loss. If you are going to download an antivirus and malware removal tool, check out if it provides the best ransomware protection.
Fileless Malware Protection
Fileless malware is a cyber threat that infects the computer memory. It is obtained when you open a phishing email. It doesn’t need an executable file to infect the computer.
By the time you open the phishing email, fileless malware goes straight to the computer memory. It carries out its goal using Windows Powershell, a command-line for gaining system administrators privileges. The command executed from the computer memory disappears when Windows shuts down. That makes fileless malware undetectable by traditional antivirus.
To prevent fileless malware attacks, download an antivirus and malware removal tool with a fileless malware defense system. Note that a fileless malware infection sometimes requires an operating system reinstallation.
Drive-by-download is when a malware infected website installs malware secretly. Because the installation occurs behind the background, it is hard to detect.
Traditional antivirus and malware removal tools don’t have a drive-by-download detection function. If you want to avoid falling victim to a drive-by-download, download an antivirus and malware removal tool with a drive-by-download detection function. Note that a drive-by-download remains one of the leading causes of malware infections.
Spear Phishing Protection
Spear Phishing is a fake email that contains malicious software. It is a social engineering technique that targets both the casual consumers and companies. It pretends to be an email from a boss, friend, or relative. It has a threatening or engaging subject line.
What is common in phishing emails is that they convey sense of urgency. Phishing emails encourage users to take immediate action. It remains to be the primary tools for conducting malware attacks. To detect phishing emails in no time, look for antivirus and malware removal tools with spear phishing protection.
Comodo Antivirus is an effective and lightweight malware removal tool that protects your personal computer against trojan, ransomware, spyware, rootkit, keylogger, worms, and viruses. It’s a free virus removal tool with high-end scanners and cloud-based database that detect and remove varieties of threats in no time! Download Comodo Antivirus now.
For a business network that provides access to many endpoint devices, try Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection. It protects the business network and endpoint devices with advanced security features.
- The first ever sandbox technology with a Default Deny feature.
- Protects endpoint devices from spear phishing attacks
- Detects drive-by-downloads on endpoints in no time
- Detects and prevents ransomware attacks
- Denies a suspicious file access to the file system
- Creates a shadow copy of the hard drive to observe how a suspicious file will behave in the computer
Host Intrusion Preventions
- Blocks fileless malware from entering the computer memory
- Prevents fileless malware from modifying the registry keys
- Detects malware that bypasses the antivirus and firewall
- Blocks a keylogger from directly accessing the keyboard
- Blocks malicious software from accessing the hard drive
- Prevents inbound and outbound threats
- Prevents DDoS attacks
- Monitors the status of the active applications on endpoints
- Filters network traffic
- Prevents spear phishing
- Advanced machine learning technology with multiple recognizers
- Prevents malware that can change its identifiable features
- Recognizes harmful behavioral patterns in no time
- A cloud-based verdict platform determines malicious software in 40 seconds
- Uses static and dynamic analysis
- Sends the file information to a human expert for analysis if there is not enough information about the suspicious file
- Enables the administrator to block malicious websites
- Prevents other users from accessing unsafe websites
- Allows the administrator to whitelist and blacklist websites
The network and endpoints are essential in an organization. They are involved in the business operations. Keeping them safe from malware infections ensures a smooth workflow. Download Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection to protect them with a reputable security solution. You can contact us to get live demo.
What is Anti Malware Protection?
Malware Removal Tools
What is Malware?
What is Malware Scanner?
Best Online PC Scan Tools
What is Firewall Security?
What is EDR?
Cloud Based ITSM Tools
Website Malware Scanner