5 Questions to Ask When Evaluating Endpoint Protection VendorsJune 29, 2018 | By Comodo
So you are an enterprise in search of endpoint security. Now the biggest problem you’ll be faced with is that there are so many endpoint vendors out there in the IT security market, that choosing one – the right one – will seem like a near impossible task. To solve this problem, in this blog, we’re providing a list of quality questions to help you easily evaluate endpoint vendors and end up selecting the right endpoint security tool which will protect your enterprise efficiently.
- What Makes Up Your Endpoint Security Software? Probably the most important question that will give you an idea of how the endpoint security will work, the various security tools it makes use of, the technologies it adopts and other such information. A good endpoint security will be a mixture of antivirus, firewall, and internet security among others – and will usually include several technologies like intrusion detection techniques and granular application control, etc. If the endpoint protection vendor answers positively, then you can use the solution without any hesitation.
- How Does Your Endpoint Security Prevent Malware And Zero-Day Threats? Ask the endpoint protection vendors how their security solution prevents malware and zero-day threats. It’s not enough just to know how the endpoint security prevents malware and zero-day threats, it’s important to know how they do it as well.
- How Well Does Your Endpoint Security Function In a Virtualized Environment? Some endpoint security solutions may not function effectively in a virtualized environment. Some functionality may be lost or other operational problems may surface. If this is the case, then it’s better to avoid such solutions. And it goes without saying that a good endpoint security should function well in virtualized environments.
- Is Your Endpoint Security Compatible With All Devices? Another question to ask endpoint vendors is about compatibility. Because a typical network contains many devices – both workstations and mobile ones – and therefore any endpoint security solution not compatible with a particular type of device will be of no use. In other words, your endpoint security should be compatible with all the devices.
- What About Scalability? Finally, never forget to question your prospective endpoint vendors regarding scalability. Because, after all, your enterprise is never going to be of the same size. It will eventually expand, as you progress. Therefore this is an important factor and, moreover, a good endpoint security software should be scalable.
Comodo’s Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) comes equipped with impressive security features – like Containment, Host Intrusion Prevention, Signature/Behavior-based Detection and more – that easily make it the best endpoint protection tool in the IT security industry. Above all, Comodo AEP addresses all the above questions in an emphatic manner. Therefore enterprises like you can, without any hesitation, choose Comodo AEP as your endpoint vendor in order to take your enterprise security to the next level.
Endpoint Detection and Response
Managed Threat Detection and Response
Endpoint Protection Cloud
Endpoint Protection Definition