Essential knowledge on how to remove righ ransomwareAugust 27, 2020 | By Comodo
The growth of cybercrime in recent times have gotten cybersecurity experts reeling from threats of different ransomware signatures and busting their butts on countering with decryption software. Many cyber crooks have made use of previously engineered malware codes and tweaking it to their purpose as a means to get more strains of ransomware out there without breaking a sweat. The most recent ransomware signature to join the family is righ ransomware. The basics in knowing how to remove righ ransomware from your computer are to first understand how it works and how to avoid it. Since decryption software doesn’t come easy, preventive measures are the best defense against any type of ransomware.
What is righ ransomware?
Righ ransomware is a newly birthed malware and has been posting a threat since 2019. It is based on previously written malware code only refined to suit the needs of online criminals. It works just like any of its cousins with similar ransomware signatures and starts with encryption. The encryption software is only enabled once the target downloads or launches the links or files that online criminals use through deception. Once the owner is locked out, it will then display a message demanding its victim to transfer money into an account of sorts. Some hackers use bitcoins as they are easy to move around on the internet and are least likely to be tracked. The risk is high which puts high priority in knowing how to remove righ ransomware to avoid getting exploited.
What to look out for
As decryption software doesn’t usually work once the encryption has been placed, keeping an eye out for possible threats is the best way to avoid being victimized by this newly spreading online menace. Technical experts agree that preventing a breach in your security is better than a vast knowledge on how to remove righ ransomware. Here are some things to be wary of:
- Dubious emails – These are emails from sources you are not familiar with or did not correspond with. They can also be promotional or marketing ads that insist on you downloading an unfamiliar app or clicking on a suspicious link from their mail. They can also be concealed as coming from big companies or banks. Be critical in the small details before clicking or downloading anything.
- Avoid shady websites – Steer clear of websites that are not mainstream or are not used by many. Chances of these websites harboring malware can be high and you might risk clicking on something that might automatically download on your computer. Even websites that claim to give tips on how to remove righ ransomware could be a trap.
- Torrents or Cracks – It is true that a lot of the apps that make computers useful have become truly expensive. Services like Microsoft Office that are essential for basic use can be pricey which is why some people resort to downloading a cracked version on the web. Unfortunately, anyone can upload files on torrent sites and these may contain ransomware signatures hidden under layers of data that non-techy people might miss. Downloading any torrent presents the same risks for that same reason.
How to remove righ ransomware?
It’s not enough to be careful, it’s also essential to be prepared. Since decryption software isn’t available, there are other ways to protect your computer from online criminals. Below are some precautionary steps you can take.
- Update your software – Diligently updating your operating system and apps can be a tedious task. However, they can be set up to do so automatically so it will not need space in your already busy minds. Having an updated system contributes to the overall protection of your devices from any ransomware signatures that might be waiting for an opportunity in the form of bugs in your defenses. Most developers dedicate attention on making sure that their structures are sound and their brands at high quality.
- Use cloud services or an external drive – Backing up your files is another way to ensure the safety of your documents. One of the reasons why ransomware is so effective is that a lot of people value the content of their computers just as much as the value of the laptop themselves. It leaves you vulnerable to their demands and more likely to succumb to their crime.
- Pay the ransom – This is probably the least suggested solution for this particular conundrum as there is no assurance that the encryptor would deliver their end of the bargain after getting their money. Half (maybe more) the time, the online hijackers abandon their victims after receiving the ransom.
- Use paid decryption services – There are services that offer to restore your computer for a hefty price. As there are no sure ways on how to remove righ ransomware, however, there is no assurance of how much of your original data can be recovered.
- Invest in your security – There are legions of brands online that offer cybersecurity that can put your mind at ease. These can range from the most basic services like alerting you to possible threats, to more elaborate forms of defense like regular scanning and screening of everything that goes in or out of your computer. Some of these services even offer free or free trial options so you can choose the best one for you.
For the best and most effective online security options, visit Comodo Cybersecurity today!