The Top 5 Endpoint Security Vendors to Watch in 2019December 6, 2018 | By Comodo
In 2018, endpoint security solutions and vendors experienced a new wave of threats and challenges from a changing threat landscape and new enterprise demands. endpoint security faced more challenges than ever encountered before, and 2019 will create even greater obstacles for vendors. The field thus seems poised for even more fiscal risks, innovations, and sudden market shifts in 2019. Keeping this mind, given below are Top 6 Endpoint Security Vendors to Watch in 2019:
- Comodo: Comodo Advanced Endpoint Security software offers 7 layers of defense that include antivirus, firewall, web URL filtering, host intrusion prevention, auto-sandbox (containment), file reputation and viruscope (behavioral analysis). All these layers are together offered for customers of all sizes with the aim to protect them from both unknown and known threats. Comodo Advanced Endpoint Security also permits you to control and centrally manage security endpoint protection via the application of operational templates or policies.
- Bitdefender: Bitdefender’s very recent 2018 activities specify a serious preparation for the future. Recently, the vendor purchased RedSocks, a security analytics vendor, highlighting that they are preparing to face the future blurring lines between the different cybersecurity fields. Furthermore, Bitdefender updated its GravityZone Ultra solution to incorporate stronger EDR capabilities. Bitdefender was recognized as a Leader in the Forrester Wave for Endpoint Security Suites Report for Q2 2018.
- Carbon Black: Carbon Black has established itself to be one of the most prominent in both next-generation endpoint protection and threat research. Besides the addition of capabilities, like threat hunting, the company has also developed new partnerships in its Cb Connect network along with several other solution providers.
- Druva: Druva specializes in cloud security, backup and disaster recovery, and the digital cloud perimeter. Druva made its very first acquisition this year when it bought CloudRanger (an Amazon Web Services backup and disaster recovery company). This could highlight the need for incorporating backup into endpoint security. Druva’s distinct cloud perimeter security and research is expected to continue into 2019.
- Endgame: Endgame was recognized as a visionary in the Gartner Endpoint Protection Platform Magic Quadrant for 2018. At the beginning of this year, Endgame also made an announcement of the first macOS endpoint protection against unknown threats, a key step in the endpoint security solution market.
- LogMeIn: LogMeIn provides a comprehensive endpoint management and security solution indicative of the blurring lines between the traditional endpoint perimeter and identity security. The LogMeIn Central solution security portfolio includes patch management, proactive alerts, anti-virus, computer health monitoring, and software inventory, thus providing a comprehensive package for enterprises struggling with visibility issues or perimeter security gaps.