How To Remove Malware Virus From Windows 8?
Malware virus threats are highly infectious and are capable enough to corrupt your data and damage your computer. Malware viruses silently intrude your computer and execute lots of malicious activities that make your computer nonresponsive.
Most of the malware viruses look like a real and genuine program, even claiming to enhance your computer performance. It is advisable never to trust such software as they are designed only to trap innocent user like you. You can safely remove malware viruses from your Windows 8 computer by using the instructions given below.
Enter Safe Mode with Networking
- Press Windows key + C together and then click on the Settings option
- Click the power button icon on the right panel and press the Shift key on your keyboard
- After that, click on the Restart button
- You will be prompted to choose an option, click on the Troubleshoot option when you are prompted and Select the Advanced Options.
- In the Advanced Options screen, click on Startup Settings option and then click on the Restart button when prompted
- Finally, press F5 on your keyboard to Enable Safe Mode with Networking
With safe mode enabled, you can prevent malware from spreading or causing further damage.
Disconnect The Internet Connection To Your Computer
Once you are aware of the malware infection on your computer, make sure to disconnect the internet connection to your computer. Since the hackers may have access to your personal information or may even be using your computer to attack other computers, it is advisable to make your computer offline by disconnecting the internet connection.
If you are using Wireless Network,
- Go to Network and Sharing Center via the Control Panel in Windows 8 and click Change adapter settings
- After that, right-click on your Wireless Network Connection and select Disable.
Uninstall Suspicious Applications
If you detect a suspicious application, you can use the process below to get rid of it. Free antivirus software can also help identify and remove malware.
- Click on the Control Panel on the Windows 8 Startup screen
- Under Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program
- Locate the suspicious application you wish to uninstall
- Click on that application name and click the Uninstall button that appears below it
Terminate Malware-Related Processes Using Windows Task Manager
- Press “Alt + Ctrl + Del” keys altogether on your keyboard to open the Task manager
- After that, click on the Process tab to view the running and active processes
- Locate the suspicious processes that are related to malware and click on the End Task option to terminate them instantly
You can also use a good antivirus software such as the Comodo antivirus and run a full scan to detect and remove malware from your computer.
In case of an organization, finding and removing malware is not easy. There might be multiple legacy endpoints/devices deployed at different locations. Due to that, conventional antivirus products are not a viable option.
Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) is an ideal solution for such scenarios as it offers all-around protection across devices and OS platforms. Comodo AEP allows only known good files to run on a device with unlimited access.
For more details about Comodo Advanced Endpoint Protection, contact us at EnterpriseSolutions@comodo.com or +1 888-256-2608.