ENDPOINT SECURITY: AN INTRODUCTION
Endpoint Security is of critical importance as regards network security.
When users’ devices- laptops, tablets, mobile devices and other wireless gadgets- are remotely connected to a network, each endpoint thus created creates a potential entry point for security threats of various kinds. Cyber-criminals on the look out for such security vulnerabilities can use these entry points to let in malware-like ransomware, spyware etc- and sabotage the security of the network itself.
Endpoint Security refers to the technology of protecting networks by securing all endpoints. Endpoint Security system works on a client-server model. While within the network there would be security software, which would be located on a centrally managed and accessible server or gateway there would also be, on each endpoint or endpoint device, client software. The software in the network authenticates logins made from the endpoints and at the same time also updates client software when needed. There is also the SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) model in which the security programs and the host server are maintained remotely by the merchant.
COMODO ENDPOINT SECURITY (CES)
CES offers networks complete protection against internal and external threats by bringing together a powerful antivirus, an enterprise class packet filtering firewall and an advanced host intrusion prevention system, named Defense+. After being installed on a Windows endpoint, CES can be configured and monitored remotely, from the Comodo Endpoint Security Manager console.
Next Steps in PCI Compliance
Contact Sales to purchase via money order, purchase order or wire transfer: 1-888-256-2608
Key Features of CES
- CES comprises of a proactive antivirus engine which helps detect and eliminate all malware and also does instant scans on individual items whenever needed.
- The highly configurable packet filtering firewall that’s an integral part of CES safeguards systems from inbound and outbound Internet attacks.
- The advanced host intrusion prevention system, named Defense+ is a collection of prevention-based security technologies designed to preserve the integrity, security, and privacy of your OS and user data.
- The CES Sandbox is very effective as it authenticates every executable and process running on a system, thereby preventing them from taking actions that could harm the system. All unrecognized processes and applications are auto-sandboxed and run under a set of restrictions to prevent them from harming the system.
- The Viruscope, which is part of the CES, monitors activities of processes running on a system, detects unauthorized actions and provides alerts if some of the processes take actions that could harm the system.
- A rules-based Host Intrusion Protection System (HIPS), which is part of CES, monitors the activities of all applications and processes on a system and blocks the activities of malicious programs by halting any action that could cause damage to the OS, system memory, registry keys or personal data.
- There is also the Rescue Disk, a built-in wizard that allows burning a boot disk which will run antivirus scans in a pre-Windows / pre-boot environment.
- The Advanced Tasks section comprises of links that would allow installation of other free Comodo security products – Comodo Cleaning Essentials and KillSwitch.