Can a Trojan Virus Be Removed? How to Delete a Trojan Horse from the Computer
There are five ways to delete a Trojan horse.
- Safe Mode
- Task Manager
- Programs and Features
- Clear Temporary Files
- Anti Malware Software
Step 1. Safe Mode
One of the most effective ways to delete a trojan horse from the computer is by entering safe mode. Only the basic programs load in safe mode, so it is easier to spot
any malicious software in the startup. Can a trojan virus be removed in safe mode? Yes, and here’s how:
- Click on “Start.”
- Type in “MSCONFIG” in the search bar.
- When the System Configuration box opens, click on the “Boot” tab.
- Tick “Safe Mode.”
- Click “Apply,” then “OK.” Windows will then restart in safe mode.
- Open the System Configuration box again.
- Go to the “Startup” tab.
- Check for any suspicious files in the list.
- You can Google the file on the internet if you are unsure what it is.
- Once a file is confirmed as a virus, disable it.
- Click “Apply,” then “OK.”
- Exit but don’t restart the computer yet.
Step 2. Task Manager
To ensure that there is no malicious software running on the computer anymore, check the active applications in Task Manager. If a trojan horse is currently at work,
you will see it there. Can a Trojan virus be removed in Task Manager? Yes, and here’s how:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
- When the Task Manager is open, click on the “Processes” tab.
- Check for any suspicious file running any applications without verified publishers.
- Click on it and end its process.
That should have completely stopped any trojan horse activities on the computer.
Step 3. Programs and Features
Now that the trojan horse is disabled, you can uninstall it from the computer. Go to programs and features to uninstall the malicious application you found in the
startup and task manager.
- Click on “Start.”
- Select Control Panel, then “Programs and Features.”
- Look for the malicious application.
- Right click on it and uninstall it.
- Once the program is uninstalled, exit but don’t restart the computer.
Step 4. Clear Temporary Files
With the trojan horse uninstalled, you can remove its residual from the temp folder. If it remains there, it may reinstall itself. How can a trojan virus residual be
removed from the temp folder?
- To access the temp folder, type “%temp%” into the Windows search bar.
- Once the temp folder opens, delete all the files stored in there.
That should have got rid of the trojan horse, as well as freed up some space on the computer.
Step 5. Malware Scanner
To ensure that the computer is malware free, download and install anti-malware
software on the computer. It will deep scan the computer system to identify malware
hiding in critical folders.
Just look for an effective anti malware on the internet. Once installed, you can do a full malware scan on the computer to detect and remove malware.
If you are still wondering, “Can a trojan virus be removed?”, it is important for you to download advanced anti-malware software. Malware keeps getting more
sophisticated. Traditional anti-malware software may not be enough to protect you from advanced cyber attacks.
The anti-malware will regularly scan your computer to keep it malware free. It’ll also protect the keyboard, computer memory, and registry against direct access.
The computer memory and registry are the critical parts of the computer that advanced malware will target to gain administrator privileges. Anti-malware software will
constantly monitor these parts of the computer to prevent malware from infecting them.
Can a Trojan Virus Be Removed? Final Advice
A trojan horse is a stealthy malware that works silently in the background and hides in different folders. It is a serious threat because it can delete, change, and
copy critical data on the computer.
To protect your computer from a trojan horse and advanced malware attacks, install reputable anti-malware
software. Also, take preventive measures when you go online
because that will help you avoid falling victim to many malware attacks.